Hi Y’all, on Wednesday and Thursday I asked you on Instagram (if you’re not following me there, go and follow to see more! I love doing Instagram stories), if you had any questions about blogging or about me and I got so many questions on blogging for beginners and other random questions about me that I would love to answer so you can get to know me a little better. First off, I would like to start by saying that I am by no means a professional blogger yet and I am truly learning everyday about this thing. I do have some advice for you if you want to start blogging and based on the questions I’ve received, there’s many of you entertaining the thought but have yet to jump in. So here are my answers to your questions on Insta. If you have any other questions please feel free to leave me a comment below and I will be sure to answer it!
- How old are you? I am 24 years old (sigh! I feel so old, but I know I’m not so don’t freak out on me about that, lol) My birthday is the day after Christmas.
- How long have you been married? I have been married to my soulmate for 3 years! I love being married more than anything in this world, It’s so much fun.
- What do you do for work? I work in Property Management.
- What is your favorite food? Ranch Dressing. Cheese. Need I say more?
- Who takes your pictures? My hubs takes all my pictures and I am so impressed by how well he is doing! He’s becoming quite the little photographer.
- What is your favorite place you’ve been to? By far my favorite place that we’ve been to is Hawaii! It’s so beautiful it should be on everyone’s bucket list.
- Who is your favorite blogger? Gosh I have sooo many! If I would have to pick my number one favorite it would definitely be Julia Engel from Gal Meets Glam then Rachel Parcell from Pink Peonies.
- Why did you name your blog Liv Riley and what does it mean? Liv and Riley are both names that have been in my heart for such a long time. I don’t know where they came from but if I have daughters that’s what I will name them, Liv and Riley.
- Where did you go to school? I went to Christ for the Nations Bible Institute for 3 years and then to Dallas Baptist University where I graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management.
- What breed are your dogs? Levy is a Shih-tzu Havanese (2 years old ) and Tuxedo is a full breed Shih-tzu (1 year old) and they are my babies.
- What made you start a blog? I have wanted to do it for such a long time to share something with my friends about home decor and style. It was on my 2016 new year’s resolution and I bought my domain name and made a WordPress account and everything but I just never got around to it. So at the end of 2016 I finally decided to just do it. It was now or never.
- I want to start a blog, but where do I start? I started with a name and lots of research about how to start a blog. Not about how to blog but about how to actually set one up on a site. I use Go Daddy for my host and WordPress for my blogging platform. This is all I know so if you know of something better start with that. Next is think about what you want your blog to be about. Do you want it to be about mommyhood, fashion, food, fitness, make up etc and then find a blogger in that niche to follow and learn from.
- What advice would you give to a blogger who is currently building content and waiting to launch? Work on your site. If you can afford it, invest in a web developer but if you can’t that’s ok, I made my website by following Youtube videos but as soon as I get some extra cash I am definitely getting a web developer. (Don’t wait too long to launch or you might change your mind haha)
- What suggestions would you give to combat the fear or failure (no followers, following, exhaustion, running out of content etc)? This is a great question! First of all you can’t start your blog hoping to be the next big blogger because that pressure alone will burn you out. Blog because it’s fun for you and because you feel that you can contribute something to people’s lives. There is something so frightening about putting yourself out there for other people to like or dislike, compliment or criticize because no matter how confident and secure you feel about yourself there is still something scary about being so vulnerable. I know I feel this way. Honestly, my best advice as cheesy and cliche as it might be is to 1. Be yourself, 2. Post about what you like and what you want people to follow you for, 3. You are not for everyone, not everyone is going to like you and that is totally ok. I am constantly working on those 3 things…and plus who cares, there are no rules do what you want!! Blogging is a part time job that does not pay (well, at least for now) so it is a lot of hard work, late nights and sometimes tears because you are way to exhausted to edit pictures. But hey guess what, everything in life is work. If you want to be good at something it takes hard work. Having a full time job and other life obligations during the week, I have to work on all my content on the weekends and in advance so that I don’t run out of content. I get organized and plan my post at least a week and a half ahead of time. Sorry for the super long answer!
- Where do you want your blog to go? I’m not sure yet. I am still trying to figure it all out. I would love to keep blogging about life as my life changes. I realize that social media is such a powerful platform and I want to be a positive role model to people. If blogging can make me some extra money while I have fun doing it then that’s a plus. That’s about all I know right now.
- What is the greatest pro and con about starting/having a blog? Pro: you get to meet and interact with so many different people. I have made friends with people I follow and it’s all about building relationships, I love that! Con: The free time I had before is now consumed by this blog, but that is my own preference because I have a desire to do it right and make it good.
Again, I am a totaaaaal newbie at this so this is my own experience from the past couple of months blogging.
Have another question? Leave me a comment below.
Thanks for stopping by today!