Happy Thanksgiving friends! I absolutely love Thanksgiving for the same reasons you do, food! But I think we both can agree that there is so much more to Thanksgiving than food. This year has been one for the books for sure and I feel that it’s quickly coming to an end. I wanted to take a moment and reflect on what I am thankful for. From family to friends, to health and joy I think its safe to say there are so many blessings the Lord has given us that the list is literally a mile long. These are only some of the biggest blessings in my life that I am thankful for this year.
- Raymond- Seriously though, I have the best husband ever. I am so thankful for his continued love, patience and sacrifice for me daily. He is my biggest blessing forever. I love you baby!
- Our Home- Every single morning when I leave for work, I stay on the driveway for a few seconds and wait for the garage door to close. As I am driving off I look back and say, “I love you house”. We love our home so much. It’s a place where we can relax and rest, it’s a place that we have worked so hard for, and it’s truly our favorite place in the world. We take pride in our beautiful home and this past year especially I have felt so thankful for a roof over our head.
- Our Jobs- I am extremely thankful for our jobs. We are so blessed to have the kind of jobs we do that enable us to grow our careers. We are thankful to work for great companies and to work with great people.
- Explore New Places- This year we checked a couple of places off our travel bucket list. In January we went to Miami and then to a cruise to the Bahamas. The most beautiful water I have ever seen! In February we went to Disney World and had the most fun ever skipping around in Minnie ears, and I cried while watching the evening show over Cinderella’s castle. In August we traveled to the big apple for Raymond’s 27th birthday and saw Lion King on Broadway. We were so excited to bring my mom, brother and sister along and it was so much fun seeing them in awe of New York City. I fully understand that traveling and seeing new places is a privilege and a luxury and I never take that for granted.
- Our Church- We are so grateful that this year we have settled into a church home. We have made some incredible friends and feel like we finally have our own church family since moving to Dallas. We are excited to see where our Church grows and we feel honored to be able to be a piece in the story.
Count your blessings today. I know sometimes its hard. Trust me I totally get it, but when you pull back and take a look at the big picture, you will see that there is sooo much more to be thankful for.
Happy Thanksgiving, I hope you have an amazing meal and time of reflection.