Today is Raymond’s 28th birthday! I have a fun day planned for us but I won’t share it here because it’s a surprise and he will read this before I reveal it (I’m on to you babe!). Wow, I cannot believe that I met Raymond when he was 19 and today he is 28! That just blows my mind. I have seen him grow into the incredible man of God he is today and I am beyond proud to be his wife. He is truly an amazing man and so much more than I deserve. I love everything about him even the weird things. Ok who am I kidding I don’t love everrrrrything…for example…when he brushes his teeth he brushes his tongue and gags so loud it is literally the worst ever! LOL. But other than silly things, I truly do love everything about this man and who he is. There are 129,987,876,567 things I love about him but for the sake of time, here are 10 things I love about Raymond.
10 Things I Love About Raymond (not in any particular order)
- I Love That He is Mexican – Yes you read that right. There are so many things that Raymond would never understand about me if he wasn’t Mexican lol. I absolutely love that we share the same culture, speak the same languages, and have similar childhood experiences. I also love that we will teach our children about our culture and how proud we are to be Hispanic. I especially love the passion we share for Mexican food.
- He is an Honest Man – Raymond does everything by the book. Although he thinks that this annoys me, I love this about him. He is just honest and will never ever cheat on anything. He would never ask for a cup for water at a restaurant and get soda because that is stealing (omg I have totally done this and gotten in so much trouble with him lol). Even if it takes double the time, effort, and money, he will always do the right thing because he knows who’s watching.
- He is Always Ready to Serve – Raymond will volunteer for everything and anything, he is always ready to help. I do not have that desire in me lol but I completely admire him for it. He is dependable and you can always count on him. If he is asked to help at Church or at work or do something extra, he does it with a cheerful heart. What an amazing quality in a person.
- He is Loving and Kind – I’ve never known a more loving, kind and sweet person. I am not even exaggerating or hyping him up. He just is. He is so much better than me at this and I look up to him. He loves me so well and is a very affectionate person.
- I Know He Will be a Great Dad One Day – He loves kids so much! He helps a lot in kids church and he loves it. I know he will be a great dad one day because he is loving, helpful and nothing is beneath him. He will jump right in and I can’t wait to see him become a dad in the future and fulfill his fatherly calling.
- He is Empathetic – He is so compassionate, merciful and full of grace towards me and towards others. He is understanding of people and always gives the benefit of the doubt. He has a huge heart.
- He is so Funny and Silly – I don’t have fun with anyone like I have fun with him and I don’t laugh as hard with anyone else as I do with him. It’s like we have our own code and inside jokes and can give each other a look or say one word and know exactly what we are saying and die laughing. We also make fun of each other and love to people watch. We are very weird people and have no shame when we are being silly. I love it.
- He Loves Jesus and He Loves People – The first thing that drew me to him almost 8 years ago was his love for Jesus. He loves the Lord with all his heart and always wants to please him. He has a heart to see people and youth grow spiritually and be saved. He is and incredible leader.
- He is a Man’s Man – He loves sports so much! His favorite is football (Go Cowboys) but he loves anything from golf to curling he is in pure Heaven watching sports. He loves anything outdoorsy and manly. He doesn’t care about getting hurt or dirty or anything like that. He is all in and extremely competitive. Gosh what a hunk.
- He is my Best Friend – I rather be with him than with anyone else. He is truly my best friend and I believe it is the reason why we have a great marriage. I never get tired of him. We of course have our moments, but I never feel like I need a break from him. We have been inseparable since day one. We do everything together. Even if we aren’t talking, his presence is enough.
Happy Birthday my love!! I won the life jackpot with you. I am so excited for what this year will bring for you. Cheers to many more birthdays together. I love you to the moon and back times a billion and then some.
I also wrote this post on how we met earlier this year.