Happy New Year 2018! It’s here. January 1st, the start of a new year. A new chance to start over and grow. I thought I would share with you some of the things that I am working on to kick start the new year. Here are 5 easy ways to start the year off right. *Also, it’s not too late to write your new year’s resolution if you didn’t have a chance to yet. I can help you write it! On this post I show you How to Write a New Year’s Resolution and Stick to it // 4 Simple Steps.
- Wake Up Early- Gosh you guys I am going to be completely honest here, this is so hard for me. Partly because I sleep too late but also because I love my bed so much. But I know everyone loves to sleep so this isn’t a good enough excuse. I will wake up at least 30-45 minutes earlier that I normally do make sure I get my devotional in first thing in the morning (and not right before I go to bed because I forgot), have time to eat (and not eat in the car), and not feel so rushed in the morning which definitely starts the day off kinda stressful.
- Do the Things that You don’t Want to do, First- Think of something that you hate doing. Something that you have to do every day but you just really dislike it so you avoid it. For me it’s laundry, putting gas in my car, and some work tasks. I always dread doing it so I push it off until the end of the day. The thing about that is, that all day you are dreading this one thing you know you have to get done. Switch your to do list and start with the hard/boring/annoying things first. It will make your day feel like a breeze and you will feel pretty accomplished.
- Create One New Good Habit- Think of something that you have been wanting to get in the habit of. Maybe an evening walk before bed, turning off the TV by 9pm, making your bed each morning etc. Make it a point to fit this in as part of your daily routine. They says it takes 21 days to form a new (simple) habit and obviously much longer for a more challenging task that you are trying to complete but this is a great place to start.
- Get a Fresh Perspective- See things in a different light this year. Try to get a new perspective on life that is motivating and encourages you to press on. Also, if you need to cut things out of our life, ahem like people, that only bring negativity, do it. Life is all about perspective. You choose the way you want to see things.
- Stay Positive, Be Hopeful and Expect the Unexpected (in a good way)- I like to think that I am an optimist and that I try to stay positive and hopeful through any situation. Most of the time I am good about it but I would be lying if I said I didn’t get discouraged, depressed and beat down sometimes. We all do. I have learned that when I leave room for the unexpected, I am much happier. I am learning to be flexible and trust that God works all things for good for those who love him. Try it.
Happy New Year friends go get em! This is your year.
Thank you so much for following and reading my blog in 2017. I have so many ideas for posts this year and I can’t wait to share them with you.